Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Day 3 GS 2.0 About shoes and ankles...and Lindt chocolate.


Hey Shredders,

I had a long day with 2 short runs and my very first weight-training (a short one, but intense. I learned from Michael and Mike!), 15 minutes of stretching.

Yesterday, Danny (I am holding thumbs for him because he will attend an important test tomorrow but I am convinced that he will pass with flying colours!) asked me about running-shoes…I have two pairs which will always be replaced after latest 1000 kilometres (approximately 600 miles). I bought my last pair (Asics Nimbus X) in a running-shop and ordered a similar pair from a shop in the Internet. It was much cheaper.

For me it is important, that the shoes are fitting my needs (I am a so called neutral runner with a straight step and not much of an energy-waist), that they are durable and of course comfortable. The rule goes that one has to invest a bit but the expensive pairs are not always the best for me.

Good shoes keep the fun while you run and keep your body healthy. I save money when it comes to sport clothes, not when it comes to shoes. Sometime, like tonight, you can see me running in the oldest, bulky pants. I don’t care at all. :-).

I hope that Lilla’s ankle is much better soon and that her new shoes fit her needs to prevent a new injury.

Here is a small video for you, Lilla, which shows how you can train the ankle-area. Maybe it helps you a bit?

http://www.runnersworld.com/video/0,8052,s6-1-0-5,00.html

My picture was taken late at night outside after my second run.It was so cold my face felt frozen-stiff.

Take massive action and thank you Shredders and visitors for motivating me so much and leaving so lovely comments. Thank you, you make me smile!

Take massive action!

Juli

P.S.: Nutrition was pretty good today beside the three Lindt chocolate-balls which were a MUST EAT in the afternoon. They were just too good and disappeared surprisingly fast…

P.P.S.: Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate

7 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Thanks for the video - perfect! I'm going to do the ankle exercises sap.

p.s. Chocolate - now that's the BEST reasons I've ever heard to Save the Earth!

Ron said...

I agree! Save the world, save the chocolate!

I need to get my running gait checked before I buy my next pair of shoes.

angie nicholas said...

awesome job on the exercise front. I have recently got back to weight training after being away from it for lets just say to long. And I am loving it. love the lighting in the picture. hope you have an even better day 4 Angie

Anonymous said...

That's awsome that you are pushing yourself to run even in such cold weather! You are going to do great on this 14 day shred.

Marbella said...

There goes Juli running away in the dark. So proud of you. Glad to see you doing weights...that will be such a difference for you am sure. Wish I could get some of your energy...wish you well today. You SO deserve it.
Lynda

Adam Waters said...

Thank you for valuable info regarding running shoes (and gait) Juli. I'll definietly get that checked when I get a new pair! Shred on!

Anonymous said...

you are my kind of girl..."save the earth, it's the only planet w/chocolate" LMAO!!

You are such a running girl. I have never been a runner, but you inspire me anyway! :)