Sunday, 06 July 2008

The Fire Is Still Burning/ Warm Up Mission Day 06 of 14

A relaxing day,

with my first tempo-training in ages...4 times 1500 m with a 90 % max.

I am still "suffering" from 2 days on which my sportsband didn't measure correctly the distance and time. The first and second day.
I found out that the Nike+ - plus - program adds the times up, and I have to work it out/down over the next weeks. My average is about 6 minutes, today I ran 4.45 per kilometre on a round-track. So exciting to feel that I can still do it and that the fire is still burning. But there is LOTS to do to come back and be the best Juli I ever was.

From tomorrow on I will focus a bit more on time-management and nutrition a bit more.

I will be back tomorrow

9 comments:

Mike Groom said...

great job with the running Juli.

Anonymous said...

Just curious...what were you like when you were the best Julie???(cause you are fierce with speed and distance now

Buffedstuff said...

Welcome to the Shreddersphere.

KaliLilla.com said...

"tempo-training ...4 times 1500 m with a 90 % max."

Have no idea what that means but I'm impressed!! lol. You're the real deal athlete - aren't you? That's AWESOME! Your Nike challenge stats are so impressive!

Otter Christy said...

Sounds like you're burnin' it up in the shreddersphere. Great work! Thanks for swinging by my blog. :)

Debbie said...

Juli, what do you mean the times were added together? Did it add the distance on only one run but added the times together?

juli gets happy said...

Hey Lilla, it means I ran 4 times my lungs out of my chest, ;-), my eyes looked like the eyes of Kermit the Frog.
Thank you for the compliment, I am giving my best after making the decision to get "off the couch"..It feels so good.

I am impressed by your NIKE-stats as well, you finished already half of your mileage-goal and there are still 3 weeks left.

juli gets happy said...

Hey Christy,

I like your blog and attitude a lot; I read it now since approx. October 2007,

You ROCK,

;-)

juli gets happy said...

Hey Debbie,

first of all: You are doing so great. I can see the effort which you put day by day into your personal missions.

The Nike-thingie didn't work properly during my first 2 days running with it; it recorded twice only a few "meters" over more than an hour. It counts minutes of running and meters/yards, which means in my case that my average for a mile or kilometer is much slower in the Nike-+ - program than it is in reality...sounds difficult?!!..and it actually doesn't matter to me, ;-).


Saw your miles, great, Debbie