Tuesday, 01 July 2008

"Warm Up" Mission Day 01 of 14

My first day was - so far even if I try to be humble- just great.

I managed a run and to do all the other "little tasks", the only thing which was a put back was my new Nike+-band which DARED to track only 1,17 km instead of the 8,0/8,2 km which I definitly ran.
Maybe I am too blonde for this thingie, maybe it is an easy to solve problem. I wrote to the Nike-guys, complained and took it back to the shop. A guarantee-case, ;-). I got a new one and: I will be back with the new "thingie" tomorrow again. The great and very admired South African runner Zola Budd ('n regte boeremeisje) ran barefoot and she was fast! I wonder if she has a gadget like this as well. BUT: It is so much fun!

Sitting here in my office and looking back on this first day of mine I can really say that I am very happy that I started here: I met many nice, cool, motivating and extremely positive people, I met a former Triathlete (Dougal, you are my hero!) and of course Lynda, Lilla, Meredith to run with.

My inner-happiness-level? Can one "score" it? I feel good today (like James Brown used to sing it) and feel something happening in me. Is this the start to something big?

Here are the daily results so far and I promise not to have unhealthy food tonight...

"Warm Up" Mission day 1 of 14
Attitude Ok, focused on positivity 10
Nutrition Ok (I had no chocolate!) 10
Exercise cardio Run (8, 2 km) 10
Exercise TT strength TT A 10
Exercise HIIT 20 mins but was tired 10
Exercise Extra Not planned 10
Business project S 90 10
Business project HP 30 10
Business project B 90 10
Habit 10 glasses of water 10
10 of 10 = 100 %Accumulated 100 %

Germany is very hot these days and I should definitely see that I get up earlier in the mornings so that I can get my longer run or cardio training finished before work...then I can also leave my cell-phone at home (which bothered me a lot!) and don't need to run during lunch-time.

Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.

I will be back tomorrow,

Love,

Juli

6 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Hi Juli,

That happened to me to when I used my Nike+ for the first time. The problem was that the sensor was jumping around too much on my sneaker. So I secured it UNDER the laces tightly and now it works great!

8k! You are going to be hard to keep up with!

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet! Thank you for your comment on my blog! Nice to meet you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli - sorry your gizmo didn't register, hopefully you will get it all straightened out. Today was the first time ever where I ran and felt like I had purpose and was having fun while exercising. I am so happy that we are all doing this run together!

juli gets happy said...

Hey Lilla,

you are so great yourself, :-), I am happy to be a kind od a Shredder-Appendix (;-) ) and be able to run with you guys. Thank you for your tip, I "glued" it almost to my shoes today.

You rock!

Juli

juli gets happy said...

Hey Shari,

you are welcome, you are doing such a good job.

Juli

juli gets happy said...

Yes, Meredith, running gives you a kind of freedom, one can think and ponder over necessary or small things...and it makes my brain free. Great that you enjoy it so much.

See you on the running-track, ;-)

Juli