Friday, 18 July 2008

Off the Couch...Day 4

Jeff Galloway wrote the following article which I would like to share with you:

The Inspiration Muscle

When you're tentative about your motivation getting out the door for a run, if often helps to read (possibly out loud) the following list of benefits you receive after running:

  1. Your attitude is better after every run
  2. Stress is released, often completely dissolved
  3. Natural body chemicals (endorphins) relax the body, reducing or eliminating muscle aches and pains
  4. Your spirit is engaged, leaving you with feelings of accomplishment, confidence, and strength.
  5. Body and mind are connected, giving you the confidence that comes with being a more "complete" person.
  6. Your right brain is engaged, energizing your creative and imaginative resources.
  7. You're learning connections to hidden inner resources which kick in whenever you're under stress.

Today was except for my nutrition (will start with that next week) according to my plan.

I will be back tomorrow,

Juli

post scriptum: "Blogger" has problems to upload my today's statistic, I will post it tomorrow morning.

8 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

I love the article Juli! Might have to put this in my sidebar for inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Juli,
Great inspiration. I should read out loud every day.

Buffedstuff said...

thanks, for sharing this insightful article.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your list, Juli! I am a creative, right brained person, who'd a'thunk that running would bring that out!

juli gets happy said...

Thank you Lilla, I love it too, I printed it and read it when I fell not "in the mood".

juli gets happy said...

Hahaha, Larry, you are full of inspiration yourself.:-)

juli gets happy said...

Hey Buffedstuff, yeah, it is a pleasure. ;-)

juli gets happy said...

Shari, running makes you so creative...and walking as well...let's write a book: The artist's way of running...;-)