Thursday, 24 July 2008

Off The Couch...Day 10

First of all: Thank you so much for the encouragement in the past weeks and days, it gives me exactly the feeling and power I need to take myself through this mission, it is great to be part of this very special circle. Thank you....(I wish you could see my smile now...).



My first day without caffeine and I feel as if a rock fell on my head.

I have a huge head-ache (i never had one like this)m this it is an indicator that I am a real coffee-holic.



This morning I managed to finish HIIT and some light weight-training when it hit me straight into my head.

I couldn't train at all....afterwards. Had difficulties to concentrate and am very happy to go to bed now.



Debbie, thank you for being an inspiration to get rid of caffeine, I really need to kick it out of my system. I have the feeling that each body-cell of mine is member of the "Arrabica-Union" or "Anonymous Java-Lovers".

I am happy that I made this start and I will pull myself through this period because I hate it to be dependent to something.





Tomorrow I will train again...Nikeplus showed today 198, 89 km...which means I have 7 days left for a little more than 100 km...I will start tomorrow.





I will be back tomorrow.



Juli



P.S.: Nutrition and Projects were fine, training due to my head-ache not completed or not started. 75 % for today.

13 comments:

DeDe said...

Wow. I have total respect for your ambition to decaffinate yourself. I am very familiar with the withdrawl symptoms you described and really feel your pain. It usually takes me about a week to muscle through it, but it WILL go away.

Of course, I'm completely addicted to coffee again so feel free to dismiss any and all advice from me! :-)

Sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

Juli,
I know exactly what you are feeling - having done this myself. The headache will pass - really. You will be tempted to grab a cup to get rid of it, but don't - try to get your mind on something productive and walk through it.

Brighter more energetic days are yours in just a few days.

Anonymous said...

You will be so glad you gave up caffeine. After about a week, you will be back to normal!

Mike Groom said...

Good luck going caffeine free.

KaliLilla.com said...

You can do it Juli - kick that old caffeine monster!

Sleep well - each day will get easier.

Meredith said...

Wow Juli...you are a brave soul...taking on the Nike challenge and giving up caffeine all in the same week-you go girl! May the headaches pass quickly for you. Best-Meredith

Michael said...

Juli, I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Danny said...

Good luck witht the running, juli.
Hope the headaches will pass as running with headaches is really a pain.Im sure you'll make it though :)
Shred on

Danny

Marbella said...

Hey Juli,
Remember I am your nĂºmero uno fan in the challenge. You can do that. Getting to 300 kms is almost a superhuman feat along with living life besides. Take care of your feet. Eat well. Am going over to NIKE+ right now and check you out.
Hugs,
Lynda

Debbie said...

Juli, hang in there girlfriend. You WILL feel better without the caffeine. The headaches sound like mine and I was shuffling my feet around for several days trying to just get through the day. It IS so worth it, though.

juli gets happy said...

To all of you, thank you so much for the encouragement and your kind words.
I feel like being on a heavy detox-program and I love all your messages a lot.

Lynda, it is so great to have a fan! :-D. You have one too, you are my favourite walker!

Otter Christy said...

You're a really brave lady giving up the caffeine! I can understand the headache making it hard to workout. Keep running wild. It's so much fun having you with us.

Christina said...

Mensch Mier! That is such a big deal, especially living in DE. (I lived in Kaiserslautern for 4 years, and everybody drinks coffee!)

You will do it though, you are Juli!! =D