Saturday, 12 July 2008

Wake Up Mission Day 12 of 14 Rest

Today was my rest-day and I just went for a short 20-minutes-tempo-run to lift my bones off the couch and I did some stretching.

The rest of the day was spend with loved ones and reading, taking care of my plants.


Earlier this week a friend who would like to run with me asked me why I would run and do sport, why I would be so enthusiastic about what I do.


After a handfull of seconds I told her that for me running and moving, being active is my personal path to self-awareness and something like self reliance. I like it to explore my limits and push my intensity forward with every training I do. I want to do what I "preach".


The great and admirable Adam Waters (http://www.rtpblog2.wordpress.com/) calls it "massive action", Michael Mahody (http://www.thefatburningmachineblog.com/) and Mike Groom (http://www.aussiebodybuilder.com/) call it intensity and claim it with "Lift heavy or go home.". All of them speak from experience, they are all so very successful in their missions.

It is about giving your very best in every moment, no cheating because in the end you are only cheating yourself.

What your "best" is or might be has to be defined by each person self, by dreams, visions and hopes; important is that one never forgets to take "massive action", "go heavy or go home".."run hard or go home"...run wild or snore on the couch.

And I added to the answer to my friend as well that one has to enjoy the journey, literally try to see the flowers at the side.


Run hard or go home,...but look at the poppies and roses,


I will be back tomorrow.



P.S.: Today, a rest day, was 100 % ;-).

10 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great post Juli! I'm not just saying that because you mentioned me in it :)

You have hit a great point about being the best you can be at any given point in time. Hopefully with this journey we are all on, the best on keeps getting better.

Daniel GP said...

I agree 100% with that ideology, and not just because Adam is my "guru". But because I dont think I would be where I am at right now, 80 days into my RTP, if it werent something I adhere to.

KaliLilla.com said...

Well said! Running is an exhilerating moving meditation for me. It's a metaphor for life - the more I give and push my boundaries, the more I grow. I love your posts! :)

juli gets happy said...

Mike,

you ARE roll on, look at you and your smile!
I will give my best and you are giving it already.

You will make a big success out of your up-coming competition (please post a movie of you in the competition in your blog. Wouldn't it be fantastic?!)

juli gets happy said...

Daniel, you are doing so well! I wish I would be that far as you are already.

juli gets happy said...

Thank you, Lilla.

Running is self-therapy and a technic to return to self-awareness...I don't want to sound "walla-walla" but it is also reconnecting with nature because I run always outside.

You are a great runner!

Michael said...

Juli, awesome post today. I am impressed with your thoughtful insights. You have obviously spent some time thinking about it. The answer you gave your friend was spot on. It is about the journey and about being the best we can be at any given point in time. I feel that at times I am at the top of my game and other times I am not at the top of my game, but as long as I'm always giving the best I can give, there's nothing to complain about. I feel a blog post coming on :-)

Anonymous said...

Great Post Julie,
This is a great jouney we are all on. We can cheer each other along the way.

juli gets happy said...

Yes, Larry, it is such a great journey...look at the roses and just enjoy but give your best.

DeDe said...

I'm so glad you posted on this topic! It's all so very true.

Does your friend know how lucky she is to have you around? :-)